Saturday, February 7, 2009

:The Apron

I just signed up for an account with the Long Beach Parks and Recreation, so that I can take an "Adult Beginners Sewing:The Apron" class. I just missed ":The Tote Bag", which I would maybe have rather made than :The Apron, but then again maybe not because
  1. the husband has an obsession with :The Tote Bags, and I would NEVER have been able to get rid of it
  2. I think we could use a :The Apron around the house, and
  3. I bet that sewing a :The Apron would involving making :The Ruffles, and since my recent interest in sewing is long and convoluted and like a ruffle (also involving potential ruffles), it might be a little more apropo.
My recent (ruffly) interest in sewing came from one picture on a friend's facebook page of her attending a faerie faire wearing two fabulous costumes with exceedingly pretty, jealousy-inducing wings. Which led to the following thought process:

I want to wear pretty wings somewhere too! (furious internet searching). Hm. I'd have to find somewhere to wear them to. (more searching, coming up empty). Hm. HALLOWEEN. Also, questions to husband about his interest/loathing of Renaissance Faires. He would only go if there was mutton involved - no joke.

Then:

I can't wear ONLY wings. I want to wear a PRETTY DRESS. (furious internet searching, coming up with whores and fat ladies, and one good website with ideas) There is a dearth of non-prostitution-related dress availability - I will have to MAKE one! Yay!! (more furious searching for patterns). WAIT. I don't actually know how to sew more than a semi-straight line, usually not actually attaching the fabric pieces to each other. UH OH.
HENCE, the current furious internet searching for local sewing classes, and my future :The Apron. I'm hoping that I get the pin number RIGHT NOW, so that I can sign up for classes RIGHT NOW, and by October or so, I might be able to actually understand how to attach a sleeve to anything. Also, so that I won't lose interest when next week I decide that I'd rather take a crash course on applying facial tattos.

No comments:

Post a Comment