Monday, September 29, 2008

Creativity as Thwarted by U.S. Government

Note how I didn't add the word "the" to the title. Something I did just have to add, though, was the word "didn't" to the blogger.com dictionary. Que?

I've had a recent explosion of crafty creativity inspirations, to the point where I almost have to pull off to the side of the road while driving so that I can jot them down so as not to forget my moment of pure genius. I pulled out my jewelry bits and set them up and took my roommate on a wild(ish) goose chase of a bead-store hunt so I could find exactly the parts to complete my masterpiece. Of course, they didn't have said parts because what jewelry store can pre-cognitiviley know what I am dreaming of on my ride home from work? But I found bits that will work. I was all self-congratulatory genius for actually getting something done that I wanted to get done. But then I realized that this weekend was the 27th and 28th. And I have a midterm on 5 chapters of U.S. Government on the 30th. And I have only read two of the chapters. DAMMIT.

So instead of completing my piece - I went dancing in Santa Monica with Jesse. It was my first time at the Cock and Bull Pub, and I enjoyed myself, although my football stitches are placed right where a gentleman's hand should be, which I think I've mentioned due to the stress of having a hole in my flesh right where people need to touch me.

I have, however, completed my (not my masterpiece, sigh) homework and requisite chapter quizzes for the upcoming 2.5 hour online essay test, but now I realize that the 30th is Tuesday. I do not know why I did not just look at a calendar where the little number 30 is right next to the little TUE, but just this morning did I realize that 30 = Tuesday, and Tuesday = my only other class, Macroeconomics, from right after work until right about bedtime. DAMMIT AGAIN. My tomorrow does not look fun.

And yet, I just wrote a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment