Saturday, September 20, 2008

I am So Suzy Homemaker I do it in a Strapless Bra

We made a plan today that we would actually exit this house before we settled down to long day of nothing, which is what weekends usually end up being. Jesse usually plays internet Risk and pwns the world while at the same time watching Star Trek and playing around with his Facebook, and I do something. Or nothing. I've never really figured out what I do on Saturdays, in retrospect.

We did exit the house. The plan was, walk to Border's, buy the new Eragon book because my husband is a middle-school aged boy with good reading taste and an interest in dragons, and then maybe walk home. Not particularly ambitious. We ended up going to Wal*Mart instead because he wanted an energy drink, and they had the book there so he got it. Our plan was ruined. NOW what are we supposed to do - I guess we could have walked home on our hands, but we didn't do that.

Instead we went to George's Greek Cafe, which is THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD. When I get to heaven, it will be George's Greek Cafe. Blue check tablecloths and little tan men that hug you to infinity. On a cloud. Because in my mind, everything in heaven is on a cloud. Anyway - George's makes me happier than anything I have encountered in the Los Angeles area at all since we moved here. It might be the only thing that makes me happy besides Jesse, and George's has a higher success rate per instance than Jesse does. 100%. P.S. Kefthetes are little bites of heaven in a heaven-like setting.

After we got home, my plan was to get all those stupid chores started and/or done. I've been meaning to clean up the house a little bit this whole week. I even wrote myself a detailed list to remind myself of what needed to be done. First on this list was "Do your damned homework." Then came "headlight, clean tubottom, get spit off mirror, mail pants, floor = yuck." So, to start my day of work off when we got home, I immediately did not do my homework but completed almost everything on my list while wearing a 100% silk shirt and a strapless bra, trying to convince myself that next I would actually do my homework. Shnopes. It's 9:00 and I'm writing a blog. But my laundry is done, my linens are clean, and my bathroom is sparkling, all without a single slippage or thought of the United States Government, Chapters 12 and 13.

1 comment: