Friday, October 31, 2008

I REALLY Have Got to be More Creative

We went to Lindygroove last night, and there was a costume contest for work today, and my Marilyn Monroe outfit just did not cut it. Though, a couple people did not realize it was me because lipstick is a good disguise. Sure, she's hott, and wears a cool dress, but is it creative to be Marilyn Monroe? Shnopes. Not when compared with the likes of:
  • Rainbow Brite
  • WWII Hobos (camped around a fire for three hours)
  • Bender
  • A Mercedes Benz (he had a grill!)
  • Jack (from the box)
  • A jellyfish
  • The ghost from The Grudge
  • Audrey Hepburn
There was a costume contest at my work, and aside from being highly embarrassing as we each had to strut our stuff in front of the ENTIRE COMPANY, it was the best day ever. Everyone was happy and cheery, they catered Carl's Jr. for lunch, they hired a DJ, and my boss who is awesome was pulled up by one of the little Mexican guys and danced to Thriller in front of everyone without being embarrassed at all. She is the definition of AWESOME. Especially because she dances like a white girl. The winners of the costume contest were: Rock Band (who break-danced in the middle of the floor with his little guitar), Art (someone dressed up as a very highly accurate version of our graphic designer), and Frieda Kahlo. I twirled my skirt for nothing.

I guess not absolutely nothing. After all was announced and done (like letting us off work early), I did get a line of 6 or 7 short Hispanic men who asked if they could please have their picture taken with me. Flattering? I'm not really sure. I'm definitely not wearing cleavage to work again, though.




No comments:

Post a Comment