Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rocket Shoes

Jesse just bought hisself some new shoes. Ah, the draw of Nordstrom's Rack right around the corner. Not only did his last pair of "running" shoes pretty much disintegrate, his current shoe selection includes not one, but THREE PAIRS OF WOMEN'S SHOES. One of them is a pair of flip-flops, so they don't count, but the other two are TWO pairs of the same women's sneaker-type shoes in two colors. Oh heavens.

Also, because we are gaining weight as fast as the ice caps are losing them, I am supportive of his buying shoes that he can exercise in, hoping he will coerce/accompany me. I have my own running shoes that I put my new orthotics in and make my toe not hurt, so perhaps I'll move my jiggly bits around as well. **Note: highly unlikely

To me, running shoes generally have a certain aesthetic. Utilitarian, though sometimes those Nike ones have the little spring-looking thing that I invented at the fourth-grade mandatory science fair but now Nike did it so it wins (not like me). They are white or gray or black, and have a swoosh and involve both fake leather and mesh, and generally don't draw attention to the foot. That's what I think of for the running shoes. I do not think of ROCKETS. Jesse bought ROCKETS for his feet. ROCKETS WITH PUMAS ON THEM. In case the ROCKETS weren't fast enough and you needed to add puma-power to your stride as well. Also, they do not have springs under the heel. That is Nike's domain. They have SIMULATED CORRUGATED CARDBOARD, made of ROCKET PLASTIC. If he is not fast on these things, all of the ROCKET SCIENCE that went into them will be for naught. Here are the rocket shoes. They do not match anything in his wardrobe. Thank Heaven.

3 comments:

  1. Wow.... sooooo shiny, I wanna touch them (has been sent into shiny shock)! Well, metallic flats are definitely in this season, how did he know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. He keeps up with the trends. On account of all the magazines I bring home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, at least he understands the importance of a good shoe collection!! Patrick is still completely confounded as to why I love and crave them... good thing he's adorable when confounded:) I like reading your blogs... does that make me a creepy acquaintance friend who reads your stuff? Well even if it does, at least I'm cute creepy and not ugly creepy, that would just be... creepy. Okay, I'm done rambling.

    ReplyDelete