Friday, August 15, 2008

Jen's Addiction

Working at a high end fashion designer as the receptionist, we receive a high volume of calls. I'd say probably 3-5 per minute, though there are periods where you won't get a call for 5 minutes.

However, I am not the one to answer them.

We hired a new second receptionist, who is fortunately (for the company)/unfortunately (for me) very sharp and on-top of the phone calls. Thusly, I am pretty much no longer needed. She can do my job for me, and does... which is her job to do.

As such a vestigial employee, I have developed a dangerous love for the game Freecell that comes with seemingly every PC created since the Tandy. Maybe even on that one, though I remember preferring Hangman in 8-bit during those years. The previous second receptionist at work had the same danger-love for the game, but really NOT the skill. When I first opened it up on some low-call-volume holiday, she had a success rate of 20% and a record 29 games in a row lost. Since I've been playing it (like a dog with a new peanut butter Kong),I've raised the percentage to 47%. The new receptionist prolly thinks I am a worthless lunatic (valid thought). I think I need to find me a gambler's anonymous. I've thought about clearing the record, but then I'm like NOOOOOOO JUST THREE MORE PERCENT. Which will take me a year to complete.

You may want to note that I actually do more than play freecell at work. I also read magazines, browse the internet, and refill my beautiful SIGG water bottle approximately 6 million times a day. I drink one and a half paper cups of black coffee each morning. It used to be out of a mug, but someone must have admired my Shakespearean Insult Mug so much they stole it.

No comments:

Post a Comment