Monday, August 25, 2008

Act of God. We are Doing the Right Thing.

Dude! So, while still living in Chico and working at Kirk's Jewelry, yet with the knowledge that Jesse was going to be a Chiropractor, a gentleman and his wife by the name of Dave and Lori B came into the store as friends of Kirk's in search of a ring. I helped them out with their search, and in chatting got around to Dave being Dr. David B, D.C. He is Kirk's old friend yes, but also the most prominent chiropractor in Chico. He is also the chiropractor for the entire Olympic team of Sierra Leone, not a small qualification. He told me to urge Jesse in the LACC (Jesse's school) direction, which Jesse obviously did. Dave gave me his info and told Jesse to call him if he ever had any questions or anything.


So Jesse's been thinking of visiting Dr B when he goes back to Chico at the end of the next term, just to kind of get his own foot in the door there - Dr. B is just the type of chiropractor that Jesse wants to be (successful). Jesse has to do an internship for the last term or two of his schooling, and he's hoping to do it with Dr B.


For a little more back story - I've been really having a hard time of it down here, and have been doubting the correctness of this choice. Maybe Jesse shouldn't be a Chiropractor - I mean, he doesn't really love school, and he wants to help old people, and he also wants to get his nurse-practitioner license as well. So I'm a little bit urging him to think about maybe going to medical school instead - I feel like as a medical doctor or N.P., you can have more sway in geriatric care. Also because the schools are closer to home... I could and would and want to go back in a heartbeat.


Then, and here comes the act-of-God part, I get a random phone call in the middle of my work day on my cell. Having a couple minutes, I actually answer it - and it is Dr. David B from Chico. He wanted to know if indeed my boyfriend ever made it to LACC and if we now live down in the LA area. As we do live here, he went on to tell us how his mother lives in Whittier (where Jesse's school is) and she's getting on in age. They're getting a little worried about having her live alone now, but she's not really ready for a home yet - just some assistance every day. He said he knows that there are services he could hire to help her out, but since he wouldn't know them or have a chance to meet them, he'd prefer asking someone he knows first. And since he knows me a little and Kirk trusts me implicitly, and Jesse is going to be a colleague of his someday soon, he would like to ask us to do it.


So... Chiropractor Jesse admires and wants to create a relationship with asks Jesse to help him with his geriatric mother, which is Jesse's area of interest anyway, as well as having a year of experience in the assisted living field anyway, near Jesse's school. Crazy, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment