Saturday, January 17, 2009

New Band Love

I spoke of K.C., my fab hairdresser - he's also a musician, a bassist in a band called the Low Countries. That is not my new band love. It's the band he subbed for as the bassist once - I didn't see it then, but I clicked on the link provided on the myspace.

After following said link, I listened, I loved, I learned that there was a show on Thursday night in Culver City, which is, coincidentally, where the roomie Margaret works. So we planned an outing. WHAT!? That's right. I got out of the house.

The roomie Jon decided to come with at the last moment, so we met up with the Marg and went to dinner in downtown Culver City, which is a rather nice little area. And then we got lost (as usual) on our way to the bar, the Irish Times. And then we met up with K.C. and some random female from his work whose name I never quite got (as usual).

Then we got our socks blown off by the pleasantness of the band, The Whiskey Saints. At least I did. I loved them. I bought their CD. I am burning onto a new disk AS I TYPE so as I can keep the original here and have a theftable version in my car, just in case I have to go to San Francisco at any point. Better that the copies are stolen than irreplaceable originals.

But BOY. I love the band. Just a short blog to state that I love the band, and going to Irish pubs to watch bands, and getting out on occasion, even. You should check them out on the iTunes, or the myspace. **Especially the song "I Need Some Luck." It's going on my "Happytimes Tunes" playlist immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment