Sunday, January 25, 2009

How Does One get NERDIER While Attending Grad School AND Working?

I don't know how, but Jesse has achieved more nerdiness than I had thought possible at the time I agreed to marry him. I thought I had married a mid-nerd. Now, he has attained new levels. He plays World of Warcraft ALL weekend, regardless of responsibilities. AND, he got himself a voice-to-text program so that he can just SAY his comments into the WoW chat box and they'll come out. This was ostensibly for note-taking whilst reading about various pathologies for school, but I think he was lying to me about that.

Now he has this:


And my soul hurts a little.

** Note that he is wearing scrubs NOT because he just returned from a hard day of work, but because "they're comfortable". My future has become fashionably bleak.

2 comments:

  1. Next time he asks for something possibly nerdy you should check with me. Headsets are so obvious if you know what to look for! HAH! What I find hilarious about this is that you used to criticize me for my taste in nerdy men. and your husband just about as nerdy as mine. They might even play on the same server... they could hook up for in-game nerd dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) The headset was ORIGINALLY so I wouldn't have to hear the pigs dying all damn day. He returned the non-mic ones without me knowing what was really going on. Sneaky bastard.

    b) He wasn't this nerdy when I said "yes." It's developed, and now I can't take it back.

    ReplyDelete