Sunday, March 13, 2016

So this is awkward...

DO-OVERS TIME!  But not quite...

I almost deleted the posts from 2008 - 2010 on this blog because BOY WAS I CRAZY, but then I thought I should leave them for posterity's sake, and to remind myself that you're always a fool in the past, and today will be the past soon enough.

Highlight reel as I'm going through and re-tagging everything as "archives":

  • I had an entire label with many posts attached called "Whiner".  GURL.  You didn't even KNOW.  Whining about yo fancy free designer jeans and a job where you got to develop a a serious working knowledge of both Excel and Minesweeper?  Puh-lease.  In 6 years you're going to break your tooth eating Chinese food and experience some serious regrets.
  • I used the phrase "batting her tortilla-chip-dreams-filled eyes" and that is totally legit.  I wish I was still that clever.
  • I wrote a very long (for me) post praising the Twilight Trilogy and its transformative effect on my life.
  • I remember for the longest time thinking that I was so funny.  This was before the internet, apparently, because compared with the internet... I was really not.  My funniest post (which is still funny) was about a pigeon following the correct traffic laws on the 710 freeway.
  • 5-years-late apology to pretty much everyone on the planet because I probably judged you and then wrote about it because I was so funny.
I can't wait to be 5 years older from now and look back on this blog and thing "GURL. You didn't even KNOW."  

No comments:

Post a Comment